Wondering how to change your Facebook business page cover photo? You’re definitely not alone!
A lot of people feel overwhelmed when it comes to managing their businesses online that even the smallest detail like changing their Facebook profile photo or cover image can be daunting.
But don’t worry, we’re here to help. In this blog post, we’ll walk you through the simple steps of how to change the cover photo on your Facebook business page.
So read on to learn how to make this change!
Step by Step Guide to Change Your Page’s Cover Photo
Before we start, this guide is for photos only and not Facebook cover videos. Facebook previously had an option to upload a short video to your cover but as of 2022, you can only add a photo as a cover.
So now that we’ve gotten that out of the way, here’s how to spruce up your FB profile!
1. Log into your business page either on a web browser or from the Facebook app.
Your page’s cover photo space, also known as a Facebook banner, is located at the top of your page. It should be just above your page’s profile image, regardless of whether you’re in the app or on a web browser.
2. On the right side of the screen, you should see a camera icon that says “Edit cover photo.”
When you click on the icon, a drop-down list should give you the option to (1) Select Photo, (2) Upload Photo, (3) Reposition, or (4) Remove.
- If you choose Select Photo, your recent photos and photo album uploaded to Facebook should pop up. Select a photo, drag it to reposition it, and then click on Save Changes.
- If you choose Upload Photo, your files should open. Choose the new photo that you’d like to add as a cover photo. Drag to reposition and click on Save Changes.
- If you choose Reposition, it doesn’t change the current cover photo that you have. It just allows you to realign the photo to your liking.
- If you choose Remove, it will leave your banner blank.
No matter what you do to your Facebook cover photo, always make sure you click “Save Changes” when you’re done to make sure your work is saved.
Of course, it may seem simple enough to change your cover photo, but you also need to make sure that it can be viewed on mobile devices too.
Related: How to Use Social Media to Promote Business
Three Simple Tips for the Perfect Cover Photo
According to Statista, over 98.5% of Facebook users worldwide access the platform through their mobile phones, and this is usually through the Facebook mobile app.
With this in mind, it’s always a good idea to know the right size for your cover photo to ensure that it’s easily viewable on both the web and mobile versions of this social media site.
Here are some of our favorite tips and tricks that can help you optimize your cover photos!
1. Facebook Cover Photo Dimensions
On desktop computers, your cover photo will display at 820 x 312 px (in other words, 820 pixels wide by 312 pixels tall). On a mobile phone, it will display at 640 x 360 px (or, 640 pixels wide by 360 pixels tall).
The safest way to display it fully is to use the minimum dimensions of 820 x 360 px (or, 820 pixels wide by 360 pixels tall).
Plus, it’s important to make sure that the image is displayed in the middle. In this way, you can expect that your target audience will be able to fully see your Facebook cover image, no matter what device they’re viewing your page from.
Related: Top 10 Social Media Marketing Tips for Beginners
2. Upload Your Facebook Page Cover Photo as a PNG File
You might have noticed that different images tend to have different formats. The most common formats you’ll typically see are photos formatted as JPEG or JPG, while others are PNG.
There are many differences between the two, but here’s the main reasons why we recommend using a PNG file for your Facebook business cover photo:
- PNG photos have “lossless” compression. This means that even if you compress the image to fit your banner, the quality of the photo will still be the same. In other words, it won’t be blurry or distorted.
- If you’re concerned with file size, the PNG format has a larger size because it retains its information, even after editing.
- PNG files support transparent backgrounds. This is very helpful when you’d like to blend your images with different backgrounds for the best results.
3. Be Consistent
For potential customers to recognize your business, make sure that you’re consistent with your brand images, photos, and designs. A single image goes a long way, especially when it’s consistently used by your company.
Aside from brand recognition, being consistent with your visual marketing will help you increase brand awareness with your followers on social media.
Related: How to Increase Brand Awareness on Social Media
And there you have it! Changing your Facebook Page cover photo is a quick and easy way to give your business a fresh look.
We hope this guide was helpful, and be sure to check out our other social media tips for small businesses.
Have any questions? Leave them in the comments below, or contact us at Shelten, LLC for more help with your marketing and branding. Thanks for reading!