If you’re like most people, you probably spend a lot of time on social media. And if you’re like most people on social networks, sometimes the best way to unwind is to have a good laugh over memes or funny quotes. That’s why we’ve put together this list of 30 funny social media quotes.
Whether you’re scrolling through your Facebook feed or checking out funny Instagram captions, these quips are sure to make you chuckle. So go ahead and scroll down our list of social media quotes to enjoy some laughs – and maybe even share them with your good friends!
Funny Social Media Quotes
1. “When you’ve got 5 minutes to fill, Twitter is a great way to fill 35 minutes.” – Matt Cutts, former head of Google’s Webspam team
2. “The only thing worse than being talked about is not being talked about.” – Oscar Wilde, Irish Poet
3. “There are things that people say that hurt my feelings or whatever, especially with social media right now. It can be the most amazing thing, and it can also be the most negative and detrimental thing.” – Zendaya, American Actress
4. “What is interesting is the power and the impact of social media… So we must try to use social media in a good way.” – Malala Yousafzai, Pakistani Activist
5. “Everyone is comparing lives on social media and wants the perfect body, perfect image, perfect outfit, perfect life – we’re striving for this perfection, and it’s so unhealthy because there’s no such thing as perfection.” – Emily Atack, English Actress
6. “Our head of social media is the customer.” ― McDonald’s
7. “On Twitter, we get excited if someone follows us. In real life, we get really scared and run away.” – Unknown
8. “Social media is an amazing tool, but it’s really the face-to-face interaction that makes a long-term impact.” – Felicia Day, American Actress
9. “99.5 percent of the people that walk around and say they are a social media expert or guru are clowns. We are going to live through a devastating social media bubble.” – Gary Vaynerchuk
10. “We’re living at a time when attention is the new currency: With hundreds of TV channels, billions of Web sites, podcasts, radio shows, music downloads, and social networking, our attention is more fragmented than ever before.” – Pete Cashmore, Mashable Founder
11. “Everyone’s like sheep on social media; like, one person starts making noise, and everyone’s like, ‘Hey, yeah!’ and then you got a whole bunch of people making noise at you.” – Earl Sweatshirt, American Rapper
12. “Independent content these days can be more successful than previously because of the power of social media. However, there are still systems in place to make sure independent artists don’t get as far as signed ones.” – Lilly Singh, Canadian Comedian
13. “I think there should be regulations on social media to the degree that it negatively affects the public good.” – Elon Musk, Tesla Motors CEO
14. “There’s so much negativity on social media, I don’t want to add to that.” – Shawn Mendes
15. “The qualities that make Twitter seem insane and half-baked are what makes it so powerful.” – Jonathan Zittrain, Harvard Law Professor
16. “You can buy attention (advertising). You can beg for attention from the media (PR). You can bug people one at a time to get attention (sales). Or you can earn attention by creating something interesting and valuable and then publishing it online for free.” – David Meerman Scott, American Strategist
17. “I am a huge advocate for anti-bullying in our youth. What I have seen with the rise of social media is that children are not facing bullying on a playground, they are facing it on their cell phones.” – Whitney Wolfe Herd, American Entrepreneur
18. “In general, we’re a social network. I prefer that because I think it is focused on the people part of it – as opposed to some people call it social media, which I think focuses more on the content.” – Mark Zuckerberg, Facebook CEO
19. “Things that help others is what gets the most shares.” – Chris Brogan, American Author
20. “The first rule of social media is that everything changes all the time. What won’t change is the community’s desire to network.” – Kami Huyse
21. What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas; what happens on Twitter stay on Google forever! – Jure Klepic
22. The best way to engage honestly with the marketplace via Twitter is to never use the words “engage,” “honestly,” or “marketplace.” – Jeffrey Zeldman
23. Twitter is a great place to tell the world what you’re thinking before you’ve had a chance to think about it. – Chris Pirillo
24. A lot of people say that social media is making us all dumber, but I not think that. – Unknown
25. Twitter provides us with a wonderful platform to discuss/confront societal problems. We trend Justin Bieber instead. – Lauren Leto
26. LinkedIn is for the people you know. Facebook is for the people you used to know. Twitter is for people you want to know. – Unknown
27. Facebook asks me what’s on my mind. Twitter asks me what’s going on. LinkedIn wants me to reconnect with my colleagues. And YouTube tells me what to watch. Social Media is no reality show or Big Brother. It’s but a smothering mother!’ ― Ana Claudia Antunes
28. “If you are on social media, and you are not learning, not laughing, not being inspired or not networking, then you are using it wrong.’ ― Germany Kent”
29. Build it, and they will come’ only works in the movies. Social Media is a ‘build it, nurture it, engage them, and they may come and stay.’ – Seth Godin
30. When your boss starts to connect with all your LinkedIn friends, just know you are spending eternity with that company. – Unknown
Social media platforms are a great way to stay connected with friends and family, but they can also be a great place to find some of the best quotes. These sassy quotes might be funny, but they are also hard-hitting—making them perfect for social media captions.
The saying “laughter is the best medicine” is true, and having a laugh is a great way to end a stressful day or even start a new day right.
Which of these funny social media quotes is your favorite? Let us know in the comments!